Everything you wanted to know about the most effective deodorants
How does deodorant work?
Before we look at how deodorant works, we need to examine what causes sweat and the science of sweating.
When the environment, such as heat or stress triggers our sweat glands, they secrete water and salt.
Most people think that sweat itself is the source of unpleasant odour. In fact, the smell comes from the bacteria on the skin that ingests the sweat at the apocrine glands – the glands in your armpits.To improve your comfort and well-being deodorant sprays block the bacteria rather than the sweat glands themselves.
How is deodorant different from antiperspirant?
- Deodorants reduce bacteria growth in the armpit
- Antiperspirants reduce sweat flow and also help to reduce the amount of bacteria that cause the smell associated with sweat
- Antiperspirants reduce sweat in its tracks
- Deodorants give a certain number of hours of protection from odours
- Antiperspirants give a certain number of hours of protection from sweat.
Choosing the most effective product
Finding your signature scent
It is in NIVEA’s nature to create products that protect and care for your skin. As a result, the focus is always on formulas that are gentle but effective for every lifestyle.
This means you can choose your product to match your mood and personality, safe in the knowledge it is keeping you fresh throughout the day.
Fans of distinctly feminine scents will love the fresh floral note of NIVEA Fresh Flower Deodorant.
For those who prefer a more elegant scent there is NIVEA Powder Touch Antiperspirant with its powdery fragrance that makes you feel feminine throughout the day.If you love the unique and caring scent of the NIVEA Creme you should explore NIVEA Protect & Care.