Back to basics - how does antiperspirant work?
What is antiperspirant?
Antiperspirant is a skincare product that helps reduce underarm sweating. This is not to be confused with deodorant, which is only there to combat the bad odour.
Antiperspirants work by blocking the pores on the outer layer of your skin, reducing the amount of sweat allowed to the surface.
What roles does aluminium play in all of this?
Aluminium salts are included in antiperspirants to help reduce the sweat flow in the underarm area. The salts restrict access to the upper part of the sweat glands so that it is more difficult for sweat to be released.The aluminium salts also play a part in minimising the smell associated with sweat, by reducing the number of bacteria linked to odour production.
How to reduce sweating with antiperspirants
Digging deeper - how does antiperspirant work?
Anti-staining – antiperspirants that protect your clothes
There are two things most women want when it comes to antiperspirants: effective sweat-protection and no stains on their clothes.
With NIVEA Invisible for Black & White Clear Roll-on Antiperspirant, you can have the best of both.
Thanks to special technology, the formula protects your clothes from white marks and yellow stains.So what does this mean for your clothes? The NIVEA Invisible for Black & White range ensures your black clothes stay black and white clothes stay white for longer.
Dos and don’ts for using antiperspirant
- Use antiperspirant to reduce sweating and odours - deodorants help you to freshen your underarm
- Shake your antiperspirant well before every use to get the full protection you need
- For better efficacy apply antiperspirant after your evening shower before going to bed
- Apply antiperspirant to irritated or damaged skin
- Get dressed before your antiperspirant has had time to dry completely