NIVEA: An Interesting History of Anti-Ageing Skin Care
The History of NIVEA Anti-Ageing Skin Care
25 years ago, a team around Franz Stäb one of NIVEA’s leading biologists, started researching substances that make lasting changes to the skin. They first looked into substances that occur naturally in the body, one of which was Q10. Their research led them to discover that Q10 benefits the skin in a truly amazing way. It exhibits a unique double function in our skin by enhancing the energy production of skin cells and at the same time helping to prevent free radicals from damaging cells and causing ageing skin.
In 1998, the first NIVEA anti-ageing cream with Q10 came to the market and was highly praised for its effectiveness in smoothing out the appearance of wrinkles. Now, the benefits of Q10 can be found all across the NIVEA Q10 Plus product range.
The Importance of Anti-Ageing Skin Care
The Key Question: What age should you start using Anti-Ageing products?
Turning 25 is a good time to start thinking about anti aging products. For younger women in their 20s and 30s, the focus should be on UVA protection and anti-aging ingredients like creatine and hyaluronic acid.
Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Day Cream is a great way to start protecting your skin at a young age. Not only does it contain SPF 30 for protecting against UV-induced skin-aging, the formula with hyaluronic acid helps to improve skin renewal on the surface and to absorb more moisture to stay hydrated and supple.
5 Anti-Ageing Skin Care Tips Not to Miss Out On
- Always apply skin care products gently using your fingertips. Avoid pulling or tugging by using a circular application motion.
- Ensure your hands are clean before applying wrinkle creams.
- Always remove all traces of makeup before applying anti-ageing skin care creams.
- Avoid applying harsh products to the eye area – stick to special eye creams.
- Keep applying anti-ageing creams regularly over the long term to see their full effect.