Discover the secret to beautiful skin
Care for beautiful skin and a radiant complexion
What does our skin want on cold winter days?
- During the cold season, our skin needs extra care to keep it soft and beautiful.
- Even if it is very tempting to spend ages in a hot bath, avoid taking baths that are too hot or too long. Showering too frequently or spending a long time in the bath can affect the skin’s protective acid layer and make the natural corneal layer more permeable – this means that harmful substances can get in more easily.
- That’s why you should ensure that the water temperature is no higher than 32 degrees. Use rehydrating oils such as NIVEA Natural Oil Shower Oil as bath additives or pamper yourself with the pH-neutral NIVEA Goodbye Stress Cream Bath.
- Rub in some intense nurturing cream, such as NIVEA Care, after every shower. This contains gentle hydro wax, which blends into the skin as soon as it is applied, ensuring intensive and long-lasting care, without leaving a greasy feeling on the skin. Your skin will immediately feel soft and supple.
- Additional moisture boost: Once a week, use a body scrub and then apply a real moisture boost such as NIVEA Smooth Sensation Body Milk – this will make your skin feel firmer and look healthier.
- The skin on our faces is something quite special: choosing the right care depends on your skin type.
Find out here which skin type you have and how to give your skin the care that is just right for you.
Beautiful skin on the elbows, shins and knees
Some areas of skin dry out quicker than others. These need additional care all year round, not just during the colder months. Prevent feelings of tightness and itching by using creams and body lotions from the NIVEA Repair & Care range. These contain the provitamin dexpanthenol, which plays a major role in the skin’s metabolism and prevents moisture loss in the skin by strengthening the skin’s barrier.
Treat your skin to rich care and you’ll be rewarded with beautiful skin. Do you have particularly dry elbows? Try rubbing them with a lemon. This is a natural scrub with citric acid. As it does not contain any rough exfoliating granules, it is particularly gentle on the skin. Want a more intense scrub? Try using Creme Peeling from NIVEA.
Practical care tips – neck and upper chest area
- Traditionally, it has been said that you can tell a woman's real age from the skin on her neck and upper chest area, as well as her hands.
- To make yourself look years younger, it is important to give your skin plenty of care.
- That’s why you should use NIVEA Vital Body Lotion or our NIVEA Q10 firming line. This will give you firm and youthful-looking skin.
- To prevent small impurities from affecting the skin’s appearance, try using a scrub.
- You should use a scrub around twice a week on the neck and upper chest area. Use a facial scrub for this, as body scrubs can be too rough. Try out the Purifying Wash Gel, for example.
- This will remove dead skin cells, improve the skin’s appearance and restore the skin’s radiant glow.
- Moisturising masks are just as suitable for this. Apply these to the neck and upper chest area while taking a relaxing bath and treat your skin to an extra dose of moisture, making it look instantly refreshed.
Beautiful skin from head to toe
Hands etc. – our most visible features
Treat your skin to energy and moisture
Restore your skin’s radiance
No more winter skin
Even your skin misses light and sunshine on grey and gloomy winter days. You can get beautiful, radiant skin with NIVEA BB Cream Light: it perfects the skin’s appearance and gives your complexion natural radiance. And if the sun does happen to make an appearance, the cream protects your skin with SPF 10 – every day.
For grey winter and autumn days, a combination of care and make-up is the right choice: NIVEA Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle CC Cream is an anti-wrinkle care cream and a tinted day cream in one. Its formula containing the coenzyme Q10 refines the skin’s structure and softens small wrinkles from the inside. This supplies beautiful skin with plenty of moisture. Perfecting mineral pigments cover small skin imperfections and give your skin a balanced, fresh complexion.