What you should know about blackheads
How blackheads occur
Blackheads are also referred to as comedones. They occur when the sebaceous glands get blocked and the excess oil cannot flow out. This causes “whiteheads” to form. If the skin breaks open at the end of the gland, the sebum takes on a darker colour upon contact with the air. In this case, we refer to this as a “blackhead”.
From blackhead to spot
It’s all about your skin type!
What to do about blackheads. Tips and tricks to fight blocked pores.
- Face masks: Regular face treatments will remove oil and dead skin cells. This will prevent blackheads from ever appearing in the first place! Why not try out the Refining Peel Off Mask from NIVEA, for example.
- Blackhead Scrub: For blemished skin with lots of blackheads, the ideal product is NIVEA Skin Refining Scrub with vitamin E and Hydra IQ. It clears the skin of excess oil and prevents blackheads and spots.
- Clear-up strips: Use Refining Clear-Up Strips in the T-zone area. After leaving it to work for a while, rip off the adhesive strip in one go. This will remove the excess sebum from the pores – blackheads won’t stand a chance!
- Antibacterial cover-up sticks: If you want to cover up blackheads or spots, don’t just use conventional make-up. Cover-up sticks or face powders with an antiseptic effect are better for this.
- Professional cosmetic treatment: In a cosmetic studio, you can have blackheads treated by an experienced expert: a steam bath for your face will open up the pores, so that blackheads can then be removed. Afterwards, the skin is disinfected, toned and given an extra dose of care. You’ll be amazed at how much you can improve your skin’s appearance!
- Lifestyle: Change your diet and your lifestyle habits: fatty foods with fewer vitamins and trace elements damage your skin. Ensure that you eat healthily and drink plenty of fluids. Smoking is like poison for your skin, and has a long-term effect on your skin’s appearance!