Dark circles: discovering the causes
What are dark circles and why do they occur?
Reasons for dark circles around the eyes
- Our lifestyle is often responsible for causing dark rings around the eyes: partying through the night, a glass of wine too many or smoking will result in a lack of oxygen in the blood.
- If you do not eat a balanced diet, you will often suffer a lack of vitamins and minerals: if your body lacks vitamin C, iron or zinc, the first signs of the deficiency may be dark circles under your eyes.
- Dark circles can sometimes also have a medical cause. But don’t worry! Speak to your GP about it on your next visit.
- Do you suffer from hay fever and rub your eyes a lot? Frequent rubbing irritates the sensitive skin and can exacerbate dark shadows under the eyes.
- Spending long hours staring at a computer is a great strain on the eyes and can also be a reason that dark circles form.
- Underlying psychological causes? Stress at work, worry about exams or anxiety can also be reasons for dark circles under the eyes.
- Find out more about relaxation exercises, anti-stress tips and massage ideas for inner harmony here.
An extra dose of care for your eye area
The best home remedies for dark circles under the eyes
- Tannins in black tea reduce swelling and supply the skin with anti-oxidants: place two cool tea bags on your closed eyes for about 10 minutes.
- Almond oil massage for better circulation: Gently massage the skin around the eyes with a few drops of oil. Always work from the inside out.
- Cucumbers are a tried and tested method for getting rid of dark circles, because they are full of vitamins and supply lots of moisture: place cooled slices of cucumber on your closed eyes.
- Rapid help from the fridge: Special gel eye masks are a slightly more expensive version. These are stored in the refrigerator and help to constrict the lymph vessels and blood vessels in the eye area.
- Natural medicine recommends Schüssler salts to fight dark circles under the eyes, because they balance out the lack of minerals in the body.
Cream for dark circles
Light cream for the delicate skin around the eyes
Rapid response: diminish dark
circles with tinted care
Make your dark circles your secret
Apply concealer either with a fine brush or with your finger tip right under the eye and smooth it in evenly. Blend carefully so that you cannot see the contrasting colours. Alternatively, you can use Cellular Perfect Skin Eye Care with tinted micro pigments, lumicinol and magnolia extract daily. It immediately corrects dark areas under the eyes and dark circles, reduces puffiness, moisturises and refreshes the eye area and even smooths laughter lines.