Dark circles: discovering the causes
What are dark circles under the eyes and why do dark circles under the eyes occur?
Reasons for dark circles around the eyes
- Our lifestyle is often a primary cause for the dark circles under the eyes. Partying through the night, smoking or a glass of wine too many will result in a lack of oxygen in the blood.
- If you do not eat a balanced diet, you will often suffer a lack of vitamins and minerals: if your body lacks vitamin C, iron or zinc, the first signs of deficiency may be dark circles under the eyes.
- Dark circles can also be caused by not using the right products for this area of sensitive skin, such as eye cream for dark circles.
- Dark circles can sometimes also have a medical cause. But don't worry! Speak to your GP about it on your next visit.
- Also, suffering from hayfever can be a leading cause of dark circles under the eyes. Frequent rubbing irritates the sensitive skin and can exacerbate dark shadows under the eyes.
- Spending long hours staring at a computer is a great strain on the eyes and can also be a reason that dark circles form.
- Underlying psychological causes? Stress at work, worrying about exams, issues with anxiety can all be reasons for dark circles.
- Find out more about relaxation exercises, anti-stress tips and massage ideas for inner harmony here.
AN EXTRA DOSE OF CARE FOR YOUR EYE AREA
The best home remedies for dark circles under the eyes
- Tannins in black tea reduce swelling and supply the skin with antioxidants: place two cool tea bags on your closed eyes for about 10 minutes. This should help reduce the swelling of dark circles.
- Almond oil massage for better circulation: Gently massage the skin around the eyes with a few drops of oil. Always work from the inside out.
- Cucumbers are a tried and tested method for getting rid of dark circles, because they are full of vitamins and supply lots of moisture: place cooled slices of cucumber on your closed eyes.
- Rapid help from the fridge: Special eye gel masks are a slightly more expensive version. These are stored in the refrigerator and help to constrict the lymph vessels and blood vessels in the eye area.
- Natural medicine recommends Schüssler salts to fight dark circles under the eyes, because they balance out the lack of minerals in the body.
Eye cream for dark circles
Pat eye creams on gently; do not rub. Use the tip of your finger, patting from the inner corner of the eye to the outer edge.
Light cream for the delicate skin around the eyes
RAPID RESPONSE: DIMINISH DARK CIRCLES WITH TINTED CARE
Make your dark circles your secret
Apply concealer either with a fine brush or with your fingertip right under the eye and smooth it in evenly. Blend carefully so that you cannot see the contrasting colours. Alternatively, you can use Cellular Perfect Skin Eye Care with tinted micro pigments, lumicinol and magnolia extract daily. It immediately corrects darker areas under the eyes and dark circles, reduces puffiness, moisturises and refreshes the eye area and even smooths laughter lines.