Cleansing: An essential skin care step
The importance of cleansing
5 reasons to cleanse your face every day
- It unclogs the pores to help prevent breakouts.
- It removes dead skin cells to leave the complexion looking fresh and healthy.
- After a hot day or if you’ve been working out, it will wash away any traces of sweat.
- A gentle, moisturising cleanser helps to calm skin tightness.
- It preps the skin ready for moisturiser and helps it to absorb more effectively.
Morning cleansing vs. evening cleansing
The morning cleanse
Although there may be a build-up of oils on your skin in the morning, it’s generally safe to say that your face should be cleaner when you wake up than in the evening and thus won’t need such a thorough cleanse. However, this doesn’t mean it’s okay to skip it altogether. By using a mild and gentle facial cleanser like NIVEA Pure & Natural Cleansing Lotion with its naturally caring ingredients, you can rest assured that your skin’s natural balance will be supported and it won’t be left feeling tight or uncomfortable.
The evening cleanse
For most people, their main cleanse of the day takes place in the evening. During the day, the facial skin comes into contact with a variety of different environmental factors such as pollutants. Along with makeup, this can cause a build-up on the skin. Make sure to thoroughly cleanse in the evening using an effective cleanser like NIVEA Refreshing Facial Wash Gel, which cleanses intensively and refreshes to remove any impurities.
Cleansing tips: Cleanse your face the right way
Kind cleansing on-the-go
Cleansing is an essential skin care step, but lack of time can sometimes get the better of you. NIVEA Micellar Wipes provide a solution to this.Not only do they gently cleanse and remove any traces of makeup, they also provide refreshing moisturising care to leave skin feeling fresh and hydrated. The micellar water they are impregnated with is fantastic for removing any impurities that may have come into contact with your skin during the day. What’s more, no rinsing is required so you can cleanse in just a few simple swipes – the perfect solution to a busy lifestyle!
Can I cleanse my face by just using soap?
Cleansing tips you won’t want to miss
- Ensure your hands are clean before using them to cleanse your face.
- Always wash your face with warm water – too hot and it may dry out your skin.
- Be very gentle when cleansing around the eyes, as the skin in this area is very thin.
- Always cleanse after exercising to rid the skin of any sweat and oils.
- Use a clean towel to pat the skin dry after cleansing.
Cleansing for dry skin: Treat your skin to a nourishing cleansing milk