The facial cleansing process
Why cleansing your face is essential for a radiant complexion
The skin on our face has a lot to deal with. When we apply makeup, touch our face or walk down a polluted street, we’re putting a strain on it. That’s why cleansing twice a day to remove the dirt and dead skill cells is a crucial part of any skin care routine.
A good cleanser like the NIVEA Creme Care Cleansing Cream will remove all kinds of dirt, leaving your skin feeling fresh and smooth – ready to apply makeup or other products.
Top 8 Face Washing Mistakes
- I wash my face using just water: Water on its own doesn’t have the ability to remove oil-soluble dirt like makeup and excess sebum and actually washing with warm or even hot water could dry out the skin
- I exfoliate my face every day: This can actually do more harm than good; it’s unnecessary and can leave skin feeling irritated. Read our exfoliation guide for more help
- I use regular soap to wash my face: Soap can strip the face of its natural oils, leaving skin feeling tight and drier than before. Moreover, soaps disturb the natural pH of your skin.
- I only wash my face in the evening: In the morning germs from your pillows can move to your face as well as oils from your hair and saliva, make sure to wash your face, NIVEA's Gentle Cream Wash is perfect.
- I only wash my face in the morning: We've established morning face washing is important, but washing your face in the evening is a must. Oils, residue, dirt and pollution build up on your face throughout the day, evening face case is essential.
- I wash my face with hot water: Overly hot water dries the face out and breaks delicate tissue and skin on the face. Use lukewarm water during your face care routine.
- I use any cleanser for my face: Make sure to use a cleanser that suits your skin type - combination, dry, normal and oily skin all have different needs.
- I wash my face more than twice a day: It seems like a good idea but over washing can actually lead to an overproduction of oil to compensate from the drying effect that over washing produces.
How to wash your face
A step-by-step guide on how to cleanse your face
Wash your hands
Wet your face
Apply the cleanser
Rinse the face
How many times a day should I wash my face?
5 tips for washing your face
- Always use lukewarm water – too hot and it’ll dehydrate your skin, leaving it dry
- Don’t tug on the skin as you rub in your cleanser, particularly around the delicate eye area
- Avoid over-cleansing – twice a day is enough
- Don’t use skin care products containing harsh chemicals
- Clean morning and night
Finding the right cleanser
Say goodbye to tight skin
The NIVEA Creme Care Facial Cleansing range: A caring face washing experience
The new NIVEA Creme Care Facial Cleansing range has been inspired by NIVEA Creme – a product that has been loved by women all over the world for its caring properties for over a century.The new products, which include a cream cleanser, a cleansing milk and cleansing wipes, have been designed to thoroughly cleanse the face whilst caring for it. They can be used twice a day to leave you with skin that feels clean and well moisturised.