The day after: why do eyes become puffy?
Preparing well for the party
- To keep the body well supplied with sufficient fluids, make sure that you drink at least one glass of water with every cocktail or glass of wine.
- It is also just as important to drink a lot of water or fresh juice the morning after a party to keep the body well hydrated.
- Having a nap in advance to balance out the effects of a late night is sadly a myth. The body cannot store up rest and it will be just as tired as it would be without extra sleep.
Eye openers for late-night party people
Don’t worry, we have tips for rapid recovery and long-term care.
A little massage works wonders. Massage the eye area gently with NIVEA Q10 plus ANTI-WRINKLE Cream. Apply it with circling movements from the outside in and pat it in lightly, if necessary. It not only cools and freshens the skin but also allows the lymphatic fluids to drain away slowly. Don't press too hard!
Drink a lot
Go to sleep with a clean conscience
Removing make-up makes you beautiful
NIVEA Sensitive Cleansing Wipes have a fragrance-free formula to cleanse sensitive skin particularly gently and thoroughly. They not only remove make-up but also waterproof mascara.
Makeup Tips for Puffy Eyes
- Don’t try and cover any puffiness with concealer as this will only emphasise the area.
- Don’t use a brightly coloured eyeshadow, this will also emphasise puffy eyelids.
- Apply a small amount of mascara to the edges of your lashes and use a dark eyeliner to draw an upwardly slanting line - this will help make eyes look bigger.
- Draw the attention away from your eyes by applying lipstick.
- To disguise a pale face, you can also use a light blush to give you a fresher look.
- Use an eye cream to reduce puffy eyes where necessary.