The day after: why do eyes become puffy?
Preparing well for the party
- To keep the body well supplied with sufficient fluids, make sure that you drink at least one glass of water with every cocktail or glass of wine.
- It is also just as important to drink a lot of water or fresh juice the morning after a party to keep the body well hydrated.
- Having a nap in advance to balance out the effects of a late night is sadly a myth. The body cannot store up rest and it will be just as tired as it would be without extra sleep.
Eye openers for late-night party people
A little massage works wonders. Massage the eye area gently with NIVEA Q10 plus ANTI-WRINKLE Cream. Apply it with circling movements from the outside in and pat it in lightly, if necessary. It not only cools and freshens the skin but also allows the lymphatic fluids to drain away slowly. Don't press too hard!
Drink a lot
Go to sleep with a clean conscience
Removing make-up makes you beautiful
NIVEA Sensitive Cleansing Wipes have a fragrance-free formula to cleanse sensitive skin particularly gently and thoroughly. They not only remove make-up but also waterproof mascara.
Makeup Tips for Puffy Eyes
- Don’t try and cover any puffiness with concealer as this will only emphasise the area.
- Don’t use a brightly coloured eye shadow, this will also emphasise puffy eyelids.
- Apply a small amount of mascara to the edges of your lashes and use a dark eyeliner to draw an upwardly slanting line - this will help make eyes look bigger.
- Draw the attention away from your eyes by applying lipstick.
- To disguise a pale face, you can also use a light blush to give you a fresher look.
- Use an eye cream to reduce puffy eyes where necessary.
Mild care for beautiful eyes
How to prevent eye wrinkles
- Wear sunglasses to avoid squinting when you’re outside – this can cause wrinkles under your eyes.
- Sleep on your back – sleeping on your stomach or side can put pressure on your face and help encourage eye wrinkles.
- Resist the urge to rub your eyes throughout the day, even if you are tired.
- Avoid pulling your eyelid taut when you apply eyeliner.
- Get regular eye tests to avoid squinting unnecessarily
- Give yourself time to recover, once you've partied it can be tempted to go again. Give your body time to recover to reduce puffy eyes, dark circles and eye wrinkles.
Avoid eye wrinkles
Use eye creams regularly, products such as NIVEA Hyaluron Cellular Filler Anti-Age Eye Cream firm skin, reducing puffy or wrinkled eyes with a combination of Hyaluron and Magnolia extract.
The skin around the eyes is very thin and sensitive, placing cucumber slices over your eyes and lying down to rest can also help reduce puffy eyes.
Our recommendations for you