YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE DEPENDS ON YOUR SKIN TYPE
Skin type 1: combination skin
Give your T-zone the skincare it needs
Tips for combination skin
- To cleanse your skin, oily areas need to be cleansed of oil, yet whilst ensuring drier areas do not dry out further. To help, ensure your skincare routine begins with a delicate cleanser, and ends with an oil free moisturiser. A hazelnut sized amount of moisturiser is enough. If you are unsure, choose a product that is especially suited for combination skin. To cleanse your skin, oily areas need to be cleansed of oil, yet whilst ensuring drier areas do not dry out further. To help, ensure your skincare routine begins with a delicate cleanser, and ends with an oil free moisturiser. A hazelnut sized amount of moisturiser is enough. If you are unsure, choose a product that is especially suited for combination skin.
Skin type 2: dry skin
This is what dry skin is like:
- tight and tends to itch
- rough and flaky appearance
- reacts quickly to external influences such as temperature.
Never neglect dry skin
Tips for dry skin
Day creams with a sun protection factor will help protect your skin from UV radiation, which could further dry skin out.
A serum is a perfect addition to your moisturising care.
Care products with natural oils can help to relax your skin.
Skin type 3: normal skin
This is what normal skin is like:
- soft, fine-pored, unproblematic
- rosy complexion
- well circulated and elastic.
Your skin likes routine
Tips for normal skin
- Regular day and night care keeps your skin looking fresh and feeling soft and smooth. Daily cleansing and weekly exfoliating will remove impurities and dead skin cells, allowing skin to feel clean and healthy to continue to flourish. By gently massaging in your face cream in small circles, you will also boost your circulation.
- Eye care: be gentle around the eyes and wash any product that gets into the eye itself away with water immediately. For those with sensitive eye areas, try one of our especially suited for eyes range. See our advice on optimum eye care here. An eye tip, beautiful eyes will make your whole face sparkle.
Care? It’s all down to your skin type!
Skin type 4: blemished skin
This is what blemished skin is like:
- tends to develop impurities.
Blemished Skin needs regular and gentle TLC
Tips for blemished skin
Treat your skin to a gentle scrub and a face mask once a week.
Keep your hands off: do not squeeze blackheads or spots! This can lead to acne scars or spread bacteria across the face.
To help reduce any shining on the face, try a matting day cream.
Skin type 5: sensitive skin
This is what sensitive skin is like:
- is sensitive to environmental influences
- is tight and itchy
- is often red.
An important requirement for sensitive skin is rest and relaxation!
Tips for sensitive skin
- Choose a cream that provides protection against harmful environmental influences, and ensure you use a product with an SPF to help protect against harmful UVA / UVB rays. This could be a sunscreen or a day cream. See our advice on sun protection here.
- Be sure to gently dab your face with a towel after cleansing it rather than rubbing it vigorously.
- Choose perfume-free products - fragrances can cause skin irritation.
- Pay attention to your diet - hot spices and excess sugar is not good for you, especially if you have sensitive or blemished skin.
The right care for all skin types
EVERY SKIN TYPE CAN RETAIN ITS YOUTHFULNESS!
Skin type 6: mature skin
This is what mature skin is like:
- less elastic
- lacks moisture
- lines, wrinkles or pigment spots are visible.
Mature skin needs your support!
Tips for mature skin
Avoid lifestyle habits that accelerate the skins ageing process as much as possible, such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and excessive sugary or fatty food consumption.
Use a special eye care cream: expression lines around the eyes are the first to appear, often nicknamed "laughter lines".
Moisturising masks with high-quality oils nurture your skin, and will leave your skin feeling well pampered and more relaxed.
Choose creams which support cell regeneration in your skin, such as Hyaluron Cellular Filler Anti-Age Day Cream.