How to adapt your skin care routine for glowing skin
Why is it desirable to have glowing skin?
Radiant skin that feels smooth and looks glowing is something we all strive for and it’s about much more than just appearance. The skin is the largest organ in the body and has the important job of protecting from harmful, external influences.
Healthy skin protects you for example from harmful bacteria and viruses.That’s why it’s essential to take care of it at all times with a good skincare routine and make healthy lifestyle choices for the benefit of your skin.
A glowing face needs protecting: Don’t forget SPF
Clean your makeup brushes regularly
Your step-by-step skin care routine for glowing skin
Everyday lifestyle tips for glowing skin
Keep hydrated all day long
Snack ideas: Eat your way to glowing skin
Carrot and celery sticks
Don’t be scared to get your sweat on – exercise is good for your skin
Have you ever heard of the post-workout glow? It’s no myth – skin really does look glowing after exercise.
During the day, dirt accumulates on the skin, which can be a cause for dull-looking skin. Exercise is great, because, dirt is washed off along with the sweat particles when you use the right face cleanser after exercise. Your complexion will also benefit from the boost in circulation caused by your increased heart rate.Just make sure to always shower and wash your face with a good cleanser after exercise to remove any sweat and other impurities that could otherwise cause blemishes.
Are you a smartphone user? Keep it sanitised!
5 lifestyle tips for glowing skin
- Cut down on your alcohol intake, as it can negatively influence your skin
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep – our skin needs to renew as we sleep
- Avoid very hot showers as they might dry out your skin
- Be gentle with your facial skin – every time you touch it, you risk transferring bacteria
- Stop smoking and avoid the cigarette smoke of people around you – the small particles in smoke can make your skin look dull