Why is night-time skin care so important?
5 benefits of a proper nighttime skin routine
- To give your skin the moisture it needs to stay hydrated overnight.
- You’re not affected by UVA/UVB rays as you sleep, meaning you can focus on moisture rather than protection.
- To unclog pores, preventing blemishes and an uneven complexion.
- Products can sink in more easily overnight compared with the disturbances of the day.
- You don’t drink water at night, so topical moisture is beneficial.
What happens to your skin as you sleep?
Getting enough shut-eye is a crucial part of any beauty routine because this is when the skin recovers and repairs itself. As you catch up on much-needed rest, your cells regenerate, replacing dead or damaged skin cells with fresh ones and reversing damage caused by free radicals throughout the day.
Part of the repair process involves producing collagen, which is responsible for keeping the skin plumper and less likely to wrinkle. The benefit: it will leave you with a glowing, healthy-looking complexion.
Applying an intensively hydrating moisturiser like NIVEA Express Hydration Body Lotion every evening will help skin cells to restore and regenerate as they should.
How to care for your skin at night
Your step-by-step guide to a caring night routine
Your step-by-step guide to a caring nighttime skin routine
Pamper your skin
Moisturise all over
Remove all traces of makeup
It’s time for face care
Why you should always use night moisturiser
As you sleep, your body naturally loses moisture, which is why it’s so important to lock in the topical hydration before you go bed by applying an effective night moisturiser.
NIVEA Firming Body Lotion Q10 Plus is enriched with the advanced energy complex with coenzyme Q10, Creatine and L-Carnitine for an energised skin-feeling. Simply apply all over the body after your evening shower and look forward to silky smooth skin in the morning.
Treat your skin to a pressure point massage
Overnight beauty tips you won’t want to miss
- Apply a hydrating foot cream to your feet and pop some socks on for silky feet in the morning.
- Don’t forget to cover your lips in NIVEA Original Lip Care before you drift off.
- If you have long hair, braid it to avoid tangles when you wake up.
- Massage some body oil into your cuticles to soften them overnight.