Mature skin: the first signs
Protect your skin from the sun’s rays!
How does mature skin develop?
- From our twenties, our skin slowly begins to lose its moisture.
- By the time we're 30, our skin has already begun to mature. It forms fewer lipids, and fine lines and the first wrinkles on the forehead become visible.
- From the age of 40, our skin starts to become thinner and lose its firmness and elasticity. The first signs of mature skin are visible around the eyes and mouth. As we age, the cell activity in our bodies decreases and our skin regenerates slower.
- Due to the loss of the skin’s own collagen, the volume of mature skin reduces visibly after the age of 50.
- By the age of 60, the skin loses density and thickness. Also, age-related pigmentation spots start appearing. This is why it is vital to start a skincare routine as soon as possible, so as to help skin maintain its youthfulness.
Mature skin – how to care for your skin!
Give your skin a new lease of life
Ingredients for mature skin
- Creams with argan oil and calcium moisturise the skin intensively and provide a lot of extra hydration to dry, mature skin.
- The formula with soya extract in NIVEA Vital Soya Anti-Age Day Care reduces lines and wrinkles. This gives mature skin an even-looking appearance.
- Calcium and nutrient-rich extracts meet your mature skin’s demanding special requirements: calcium is known for its strengthening properties. Pearl extracts are rich in important minerals. These will leave skin feeling softened and supported, and assist in visibly reducing signs of ageing.
- Burdock fruit extract supports the skin’s own collagen production. NIVEA Natural Balance Anti-Wrinkle Day Care with burdock fruit extract demonstrates visible anti-ageing results.
- Q10 is an ingredient found in the skin, whose natural concentration decreases with age. By using a suitable anti-ageing cream with Q10, it can be effectively fed back into your mature skin.
- The NIVEA Cellular Anti-Age range with hyaluronic acid and magnolia extract has been developed for the needs of mature skin. It's formula with hyaluronic acid and magnolia extract improves the skin's own ability to absorb water and increase the cells' ability to resist oxidative stress. Mature skin becomes left feeling gentle, soft and smooth with a youthful glow.
Make-up – mature skin’s little helper
Face masks for more freshness and hydration
Our recommendations for you