What is Normal skin Anyway?
The upper layer of skin acts as a protective barrier against environmental influences and prevents moisture evaporating from the skin. The protective acid mantle is initially formed by the body's own lipids. The sound lipid structure ensures sufficient moisture and makes normal skin look healthy and radiant. With this barrier the skin is also protected from damaging micro-organisms, infections, irritations and allergies. So that normal skin doesn't develop into dry or sensitive skin, the balance of moisture and lipids must be maintains through a consistent normal skin care routine, this supports your skin keeping it healthy, resistant and elastic for a long time.
What is behind a pH level?
A pH level is the measurement of the concentration of acid or alkaline's in liquids. Our skin consists largely of water, it has it's own slightly acidic pH level as a results of the skin's own substances such as sebum, sweat and water. This pH level plays an important role in correct skin care whether you have normal or combination skin. The protective acid mantle has an average pH of 5.5. By contrast, normal soap has a much higher pH level - so the skin's pH level is raised when cleansing. Only healthy and normal skin manages to reduce the pH to its natural level in a short amount of time. Find more skin care tips of beautiful skin. Find more skin care tips for beautiful skin.
Body and face beauty routine for normal skinB
Face care for normal skin
- Normal skin must also be thoroughly cleansed every morning and evening. It does not need extremely gentle cleansers but if you want to be on the safe side, use a cleansing milk or an alcohol-free toner. NIVEA’s Refreshing Cleansing Milk with vitamin E cleanses intensively and even removes make-up and waterproof mascara.
- If you have normal skin, use an exfoliating wash once a week. The abrasive particles in the scrub remove dead skin flakes. For example, Purifying Wash Gel from NIVEA.
- Moisturiser with vitamin E and sun protection factor protects normal skin from environmental influences and prevents premature ageing. NIVEA’s Moisturizing Day Care with SPF 15 has a pleasant fresh fragrance and leaves your skin feeling hydrated.
- Or choose NIVEA Care, which moisturises intensively without feeling greasy. You can use NIVEA Care on your face and body, by the way.
- Normal skin needs intensive levels of moisture so that it remains fresh and pleasantly smooth throughout the whole day.
- Important: if you have normal skin, make sure you use the right moisturiser for your skin.
- Find out more about facial cleansing here.
Body care for normal skin
- Soaps damage the skin’s natural protective layer. Use cleansing products with synthetic detergents instead of soap. For example, NIVEA’s Creme Soft Cream Shower with its mild fragrance and almond oil is particularly skin-friendly and pH neutral.
- Rapidly absorbing, light moisturising cream is ideal for normal skin. NIVEA’s Express Hydration Body Lotion has been specially developed for the needs of normal skin. This formula enriched with marine minerals and Hydra IQ supports the skin’s own moisture balance and makes the skin feel soft and smooth. Or apply NIVEA Care, which contains light hydro waxes which moisturise your skin intensively without making it feel greasy.
- Wet skin can absorb a moisturising formula more easily: NIVEA’s In-Shower Body Lotion will pamper your skin even while you’re in the shower – which means you don’t have to moisturise afterwards.
- Normal skin also has to be protected from the sun, as UV rays speed up the ageing process. The skin loses its elasticity, becomes dry, rough and develops wrinkles. NIVEA’s Moisturising Sun Lotion protects the skin as soon as you apply it.
- Find out more about Nivea and cancer research here.
Light moisturiser for smooth, normal skin complexion
Keep normal skin fit, radiant and healthy
Do something good for yourself and your skin
Our Recommendations for you.
Q10 + VITAMIN C