Fighting climate change: we invest a lot of effort in developing the best possible skincare products, and while doing so, we always keep an eye on how we can reduce our CO2 emissions and save energy along our entire value chain.
- Absolute reduction of total value chain emissions by 30 percent by 2025
- Climate-neutral operations by 2030
- Climate-neutralized products
Environmentally-friendly formulations: by implementing environmentally-friendly and biodegradable alternative raw materials, we are striving to improve the environmental compatibility of our overall portfolio.
- NIVEA products are 100% microplastic-free since the end of 2021
- Exclusively biodegradable polymers in our EU product formulas by the end of 2025
Sustainable plastic packaging & waste reduction: guided by the principles of the circular economy, at NIVEA we are on a mission to use plastic responsibly in our product packaging. Our approach is straightforward: we reduce plastic wherever possible, recycle plastic as much as we can, replace it when it makes sense, and encourage our customers to reuse packaging.
- 100 percent of packaging refillable, reusable or recyclable by 2025
- 50 percent reduction of fossil-based virgin plastic by 2025
- 30 percent recycled materials in our plastic packaging by 2025
- 30 percent waste reduction in our production facilities by 2025
- Zero production waste to landfill
Responsible sourcing: NIVEA strives to treat nature with respect. Therefore, our goals are to contribute to ecological agricultural practices, prevent deforestation, and support the communities and regions where our ingredients grow.
- All renewable ingredients from sustainable sources by 2025
- Deforestation-free sourcing of main raw materials by 2025
-100 percent of our palm (kernel) oil has been sourced sustainably since the end of 2020
-100 percent of our folding boxes have been FSC certified since 2019
Reducing water consumption: as a manufacturer of skincare products, we are aware of our great responsibility and have made reducing water use a core topic of our sustainability approach.
- 25 percent reduction of water consumption per manufactured product by 2025