Stay relaxed! Here’s how to overcome stressful situations
Good planning means goodbye stress
A cup of coffee in the sun, an hour of sport or a quick spa programme in the evening will often work wonders. Having a feel-good programme to bring balance into your life ensures that beauty comes from within on its own. This will allow you to regain your strength and energy for the rest of the tasks you need to do. You can find more inspiration and tips for finding inner harmony and beauty here.
NIVEA Stress Protect Spray protects you against thermal and stress-related sweating
Completely stress free – five tips to reduce stress
- Mental strain: massage the strong muscles at the side of the bridge of the nose – this helps to gently release mental strain.
- Physical strain: run with loose limbs around the room and think positively. Light movements and positive thoughts can help relax muscles.
- Tense face: Drop your jaw, push it forward and back slightly, whilst running in a circle.
- Tense shoulders: Look as far as possible over your shoulders to the left and the right to relax the muscles.
- Weak knees: Walk round the room with a firm step and then press the lower legs together firmly. This helps you stand firmly and gives you new energy
And if it does get a bit stressful…
Your personal downtime: reward yourself with a little spa programme
Become your own anti-stress expert
• Tip 1: Smile! A disarming smile is the most important link to your opposite number: it releases tension, covers up little mistakes with charm and relaxes the atmosphere.
• Tip 2: Breathe evenly and calmly. When inhaling, hold your breath for a short time and then exhale with control and consciously. This relaxes the stomach muscles, the ribcage rises and sinks rhythmically and you become calm.
• Tip 3: Yawn! Yawning is a reflective respiratory motion that has the effect of relaxing the body. Try yawning when you’re stressed to calm yourself down. It goes without saying that you should do it before your job interview! Sighing is also really good. Sigh deeply and let everything out that is depressing or burdening you. You will notice how liberating it can be.