If you wish to know more about how to get sweat stains out of clothes, the good news is that there's no shortage of tried-and-tested methods.
So let's explore how to get rid of sweat stains and ensure that you look your best when out and about. Bear in mind, however, that removing perspiration marks often induces more than a little perspiration!
- Soak the stained part of your clothing in white vinegar for an hour and then scrub with a clean toothbrush, flannel or brush
- Aim to be thorough without being too aggressive on the clothing. Once you have finished, rinse as usual in the washing machine.
Baking soda & hydrogen peroxide
- Using three parts baking soda to one part water, create a thick paste and then rub the mixture into the sweat stain with a clean toothbrush
- If the clothing that you are cleaning is white, you can add hydrogen peroxide to make your whites look extra bright
- Mix equal parts lemon juice with water and scrub the stain
- Once you have finished doing this, leave the clothing in direct sunlight. This will allow the lemons' natural bleaching properties to take effect on your clothes.
- Salt is a mild abrasive which can be used to scrub out the stain
- You'll need to use a lot of elbow grease, however, as salt does not have a natural bleaching effect