It is especially important that you use a sharp, high-quality razor, preferably one with a pivoting head, when tending to your underarms, because the skin under your arms is very sensitive.
As with shaving your forearms, we recommend that you give yourself plenty of time. A slow, careful shave is what is required here.
We recommend the following:
- Trimming your armpit hair first
- Exfoliating under your arms before you start shaving
- Shaving whilst wet in the shower: this is preferable to shaving dry, as the hot water softens the hair and reduces the risk of pulled hair
- Using shaving gel to avoid irritating your skin
- Shaving your armpit hair in all directions
- Using an alcohol-free aftershave balm