Tips for spring
Say farewell to dry skin – hello beautiful skin for the spring!
As soon as the days start getting longer and spring is on the doorstep, you can put away your thick tights, cardigans and glove. It's time to show off your skin again and bring out the spring fashions.Before you get to that stage, you should first say goodbye to your dry winter skin. This is best done using a gentle scrub for your whole body, such as NIVEA Smooth Sensation Body Scrub. It removes dead skin cells, stimulates cell renewal and makes your skin look much smoother and rosier. Top tip: use a product with a cream base. This contains ultra-fine scrub granules and beneficial lipids that moisturise your skin. And for your face, you can choose from a range of NIVEA face creams and cleansers, which will leave your skin cleansed right down to the pores. Afterwards, you can moisturise your skin to make it silky soft with NIVEA Care range, which hydrates intensively without leaving your skin feeling oily.
Find out more about scrubs and why they are so good for the skin here.
Eating to make yourself beautiful for spring
If you want to have beautiful skin, you need to eat healthily. In spring we are more inclined to enjoy fresh fruit and crispy vegetables. These foods are not only healthy, they are also good for your skin: foods with Vitamin A, such as carrots, broccoli and spinach stimulate cell division, promote the formation of elastin fibres and prevent dry skin. You should eat three to five portions of fruit and vegetables a day. This will help ensure that your skin is supplied with important nutrients and you can look forward to having soft skin again.
Fit for spring – get active!
Take advantage of your renewed energy levels and get moving!
Tips for an energy-filled day – farewell to winter tiredness!
- Early morning exercise: plan to exercise a little after getting up. When the carbohydrate stores in the body are still empty, fat burning starts faster and you can start the day feeling energised.
- First low point around 9 a.m.: Treat yourself to a coffee. The caffeine will perk you up again in no time. Chewing gum can also increase your ability to concentrate.
- Do you sit at your desk a lot at work? Stand up at least once an hour and run round the room – this will stop you feeling tired so quickly.
- Low point number two at 3 p.m.: Now your body needs more energy. Choose a salad, vegetables or a light soup – greasy foods make you more sluggish.
- The last low point at 5 p.m.: What you need now is a bit of fresh air. A walk will do you good after work. Or instead of taking the car, cycle home – that will liven you up.
- And then you’ll have some energy for more exercise during the evening. Treat yourself to a relaxing bath and some hydration for your skin, with a refreshing moisturising mask by NIVEA.
Tips for Springtime leisure time
In the spring, we are more likely to go exploring outdoors and into nature. Why not plan a cycle trip at the weekend and enjoy feeling the first warm rays of the sun on your skin?!The sun makes us happy. Do you love the colours of spring? Grab a camera and capture the prettiest impressions and plays of light outside. You could always frame the best pictures and hang them in the living room. If you like looking through old photos: use the ideas to plan your next holiday, and have something to look forward to!
Use the changes in nature to set new goals for yourself: perhaps you’re dreaming of a new home? Or you want to fit into your favourite old pair of jeans again? Or change your job? Start now and put together a collage of pictures that will inspire you to achieve your goal. Make sure it's prominent so that it keeps on motivating you. You could even write inspiring quotes on post-its and stick them up around the whole house. We can only achieve our dreams if we define them. And spring seems like the best time to do this!