There is no one rule for everyone when it comes to how often you should shower as everybody is different, some of us have naturally drier skin or oily skin, and some of us sweat more than others. These are all contributing factors when determining how often you should shower:
How often should you shower: Once a day
- If you are very active: when you exercise your body produces more sweat which can result in more body odour, it would beneficial for you to wash daily to remove dirt and keep your skin fresh.
- If you find you produce more body odour: some of us produce more body odour than others due to a number of reasons including genetics, the food you eat, hormones, and stress. If you find yourself in this category you should shower once a day using a moisturising shower gel to retain hydration to help manage your body odour.
- If you live in a hot environment: Living in a hot environment causes your body to produce more sweat and much like when being active, you should shower once a day to combat this.
How often should you shower: Once every two days
- Unless you are very active, have bad body odour, or live in a hot environment, one shower every other day is plenty for most people as your body does not get dirty so quickly that you need to wash frequently and you are unlikely to smell after one day without showering.
- Try the NIVEA Clay Fresh Shower Blue Agave & Lavender to thoroughly cleanse and hydrate your skin.
Those who should never shower more than once every 2 days include:
- Babies & young children - babies and children have very delicate skin and it's important to try to maintain the balance of their skin's natural oils in order to keep their skin healthy.
- The elderly - as you age your skin becomes drier so showering frequently will cause your skin to dry out much quicker, which can lead to irritated and sore skin as well as increasing the appearance of wrinkles as lines appear deeper when not moisturised. It doesn't matter whether you like to shower in the mornings or the evenings, so long as you are not showering too often it will affect your skin in the same way.